The theme of the lesson: "London"
Aims: educational - to give more information about our capital, to revise grammar; to enrich their knowledge about London.
Developing - to develop pupils' thinking, speaking, reading, writing, listening comprehension abilities, memory;
Bringing up - to bring up love and interest in the subject; discuss and understand London geography.
The procedure of the Lesson
I. Organization moment:
- Good afternoon, pupils!
- How are you?
- I am glad to see you
- Who is on duty today?
- What date is it today?
II. Checking up home task.
Exercise 10. p. 125 Complete the sentences.
III. Introduction of the new lesson. ''London".
IV. Brainstorming activity.
T: I want to begin our lesson with an English proverbs: " East or west, home is best".
Do you agree it?
Answer the questions.
1. What is the capital of London?
2. What is the population of London?
3. What large cities of London do you know?
T: Look at the computer screen and listen to me.
London is the capital of Great Britain, its political, economic and cultural centre. It is one of the large cities in the world and the large city in Europe. Its population is about 8 million people.
London is situated on the both banks of the River Thames. Today in its full extend Greater London cover 625 square miles. Traditionally London is divided into several parts: the City, Westminster, the West End and the East End. They are rather different from one another. The City is the heart of London. Numerous banks, offices and the Stock Exchange. But the City is also a market for goods from all parts of the world. The City extends over an area of about 2,6 square kilometres. About half million people work there, but less than 6 thousand live there.
Westminster is the historic centre of government. The West End is the richest and most beautiful part of London. The best hotels, shops, restaurants and theatres are situated there. There are beautiful houses and gardens belonging to the wealthy people. Oxford street in the West End is the endless shopping area which attracts visitors from all over the world.
The East End is the poorest part of London. There are a lot of factories and docks here. the port of London is also in the East End. The streets in the East End are narrow, the buildings are not attractive. The East End is populated by working class families.
V. Vocabulary work.
Stock Exchange - ақша айырбастау бөлімі
Oxford street - Оксфорд көшесі
Financial - финанс
Office - мекеме
Hotel - қонақ үй
Restaurant - мейрамхана
Market - маркет
VI. Reading. (reading the text one by one)
VII. Question - answer:
Answer my questions on the text. Look at the text.
1. What can you say about London as the capital of Great Britain?
2. How many people live in London?
3. Where is London situated?
4. How many people work in the City?
5. How many people live there ?
6. What is the East End?
VII. Work in pairs:
A. I'll read some sentences from the text and you are to say if it is True or False?
If it is false, you are do correct., write down please.
B. The next one complete the sentences. Exercise 4 on page 128. Open your copybook
1. London is one of the largest cities in ____ and the largest in ____ .
2. It's population is ____ people.
3. London is situated on the ______ of the River Thames.
4. Traditionally London is _____ into several parts.
5. The City is the ______of London.
C. And now, divide into three groups, work in groups five or six.
You are to make up short dialogues.
Thanks, your dialogues were very interesting.
X. The next task:
Look at the pupils read and write down test yourself.
1. What is the capital if the USA?
a) Los Angeles
b) New York
2. Where is Big Ben situated?
3. What is the capital of Great Britain?
b) New York
4. Where is the Heathrow airport?
5. Where is Euro Disney?
6. What is the largest park in London?
b) Trafalgar park
c) Eiffel park
7. Can you name money in the USA?
8. Who is the president of the USA now?
a) George Washington
b) Barak Obama
c) Bill Clinton
9. Where is the Eiffel Tower situated?
10. How many stars are there on the flag of the USA?
XI. Conclusion of the lesson.
I want to give you a task to write a topic on the theme "London".
You should write about your favourite city.
Marks. This is over lesson. Thank you very much. Good - bye!