Астана қаласы, № 65 мектеп- гимназиясының
ағылшын тілі пәнінің мұғалімі
Қыдырмолдина Меруерт Серікқызы
Theme :Unusual hobbies.
Type of lesson: non- traditional
Form of the lesson: combination
Equipments: pictures, presentations, audio materials
Lesson purpose: improvement of speech skills on the subject "Hobby",
formation of need for the organization of the free time.
Problems of a lesson:
1. the educational:
- to enter lexical material on the subject "hobby"
- to improve skills of the monological and dialogical speech on the subject "hobby";
- to improve skills of reading with extraction of necessary information;
2. the developing
- to develop abilities to find necessary information in the audible text;
- to develop a language guess of pupils;
- to develop skills of spelling;
- to develop ability to communicate in English;
- to develop abilities to use support
3. the upbringing
- to cultivate interest and respect for the country of the learned language;
- to teach correctly organize the leisure;
- to bring up respect for a hobby of the schoolmates
Kind of work Stages
1 Organizational moment.
Purpose: To prepare pupils for work on occupation and to adjust for effective work at the lesson. I. Org.moment
- Good morning boys and girls. I am very glad to see all of you. Sit down , please.
- Who is on duty today?
- Pupil 1:I am on duty today.
- What date is it today?
- Pupil 1: Today is the 9th of April.
- What day of the week is it today?
- Pupil 1: Today is Thursday.
-Who is absent today?
- Pupil 1: All are present.
- Ok! Thank you. It is time to start our lesson. Today we will speak about different hobbies that people enjoy in their free time. I’d like you to tell our guests and your classmates about your hobby and what you prefer doing in your leisure time. Also we’ll do different activities during the lesson.
Poll of pupils on the material set on the house.
Purpose:to prepare to speech activity at the lesson.
Studying of a new training material
Purpose: Development of skills of reading with understanding of necessary information.
Purpose: development of abilities to find necessary information in the text perceived in hearing; to promote education of feeling of respect for the country of the learned language.
Purpose: removal of tension and weariness at a lesson.
Purpose: Development of skills of the dialogical speech;
updating of earlier studied lexical material
Purpose: development of skills of spelling II.Phonetic drill
-At first, let`s do a phonetic exercise. Look at the board. You see the Phonics.
Read. Sport- Spade- Spider- Speed- Sponge
The yellow sponge doesn’t like sport
III. Checking hometask
-I think it is a high time to check your home task. Let’s remember the words you have learned at home. Name the next pictures:
• Car – машина
• Plane- ұшақ
• Fishing – балық аулау
• Taking photos – суретке түсіру
• Reading- оқу
• Painting – сурет салу
• Skipping- секіру
• Snowboarding- сноуборд тебу
• Camping – пикник жасау
• Diving- тереңге жүзу
• Skiing- шаңғы тебу
• Ice- skating – коньки тебу
So, let`s continue our lesson. I want to ask you a question. What is a hobby? Can you give a determination?
• Pupil 1:A hobby is an activity that you like to do.
• Yes, you are very clever. A hobby is that you enjoy or like to do in your free time on a regular basis or every time.
IV.New words: Please, watch the video and try to guess what hobby is it? Try to guess the theme of our lesson. (children’s answer)
Today we have another new words with the theme hobby. Please, at first listen to me, then repeat after me. Open your vocabulary and write down the words.
Gardening- бақ өсіру
Travelling- саяхат жасау
Music – музыка
Horse riding- атқа міну
Making models- модель жасау
OK, very good. The next task for you. You are going to listen short texts and guess what hobby is it? Is it clear?
Such people like to visit different cities, towns and historical places. Some people even visit other countries. They can travel by car, by plane, by train, by bus or on foot. This hobby helps them to learn history, geography and traditions of different people and countries.
-Pupil : Travelling
People like to spend their free time near the rivers or lakes . They often go there with their friends or relatives . They can have a picnic there. They go usually there in summer but some people like to go there in winter too . Also they can boil fish broth ( soup ) after going there.
This hobby is interesting and useful. People try to find or buy different things such as stamps, badges, coins, pictures and dolls. Their collection can be thematic. This hobby helps people to make new friends and to learn some new things about countries and lands, animals and birds, famous people and historical events.
-Pupil 3: Collecting
This hobby is popular with the people of all ages. People like to go to the stadium or to the sports ground. They are strong and healthy. Their hobby helps to develop their mind and body and teaches them to plan their time.
-Pupil 2: Sports
People like to go to the library. Some of them have a good collection of books at home. And they are really proud of it. They can have different books: fiction, historical novels, books about animals and birds, books about different countries. Their hobby helps them to relax, to learn the world and understand people better.
-Pupil 4 : Reading
Ok! You are very active today. Good for you. You did this task very well.
VI . Warm- up.
Do you like sport? Let’s show our guests how we play different sport games.
• How do you play basketball?
- How do you play volleyball?
- How do you play tennis?
- How do you ski?
- How do you play football?
- How do you run?
- How do you skip?
VII. Reading and Speaking
The next task. Read these dialogues, say what hobbies they are about. Then make up your own dialogues and act them.
1.P1: Do you have a hobby?
P2: Yes? I do. My hobby is fishing. What about you?
P1: I have a hobby too. My hobby is sport. I like sport very much.
2. P1:Have you got a hobby?
P2: Yes, I have. My hobby is dancing. And, I hope, you have a hobby too. What is your hobby?
P1: I m fond of playing football. I like football very much.
3. P1:Have you got a hobby?
P2:Yes, of course. My hobby is painting. And what is your hobby?
P1:My hobby is listen to music. I like rock very much.
4. P1:Have you got a hobby?
P2:Y es, of course. My hobby is fishing. And what is your hobby?
P1:My hobby is sport. I like roller skating.
5. P1: What do you prefer doing in your free time?
P2: I do judo. I like sport very well. Do you have a hobby?
P1:Yes, I do. My hobby is playing computer games.
VIII. Writing on the board
Look at the blackboard. There are some letters. The task is to make up the words on topic «Hobbies» . Come to the blackboard and write down these words.
den- gar-ing (gardening)
lec-ting- col (collecting)
sh-fi-ing ( fishing)
nt- ing- pai (painting)
Well done. You are very clever pupils.
Purpose: Summing up lesson, exposure of estimates, homework X. Homework
- Your homework Ex 2,3 p 38. Learn new words
-Now, it is time to make a conclusion of our lesson. So, today we’ve spoken about our hobbies.
Did you like the lesson? Why?
What was new for you?
- Well, it was my pleasure to work with you today. As for me I am glad to see that you have done a good job. You have prepared good reports and good dialogues. You were active at the lesson. I am going to give you 5 marks, some pupils have mistakes, they get mark 4.
- The lesson is over.
- Good buy. See you at the next lesson.