2008-2009 УЧЕБНЫЙ ГОД
1. В каком из следующих слов звук, передаваемый буквой “o”, отличается от остальных?
2. Выберите правильную форму глагола “to be”:
a) I … in the 10th form.
b) He … at the theatre yesterday.
c) will be
3. Укажите предложение, в котором глагол “to be” является вспомогательным:
a) She was sixteen last year.
b) The delegation is to come on Monday.
c) Mother is at home.
d) What are you doing?
4. Выберите правильную форму глагола “to have”:
Mr. Smith stayed at his office very late because he … a lot of work.
c) will have
5. Укажите предложение, в котором глагол “to have” является модальным:
a) We shall have a party tomorrow.
b) We have invited our friends.
c) We’ll have to prepare for the party.
d) I hope we’ll have a good time.
6. Укажите правильные варианты перевода:
a) The flowers are in the vase.
1) Цветы в вазе.
2) В вазе цветы.
b) There is no telephone in the room.
1) Телефона нет в комнате.
2) В комнате нет телефона.
7. Подберите эквиваленты в английском, соответствующие русскому:
a) Дверь открылась и вошла девочка.
b) Дверь открылась и девочка вошла.
a) The door opened and a girl came in.
b) The door opened and the girl came in.
8. Выберите нужное местоимение:
a) I invited my friend to … place.
b) It’s easy, you can do it …
9. Выберите правильную форму существительного:
a) The … comes every morning.
b) How many … high in this house?
10. Укажите, какое слово можно употребить вместо подчеркнутого так, чтобы смысл предложения не изменился?
a) We usually drink much water in hot weather.
2) a lot of
b) This test is easy, there are not many new words in it.
2) not much
3) a lot of
11. Выберите нужное по смыслу слово:
a) We have … bread, please, go and buy some.
b) I have … time, I can wait.
2) a plenty of
12. Выберите правильное местоимение:
a) She wanted to tell me … interesting.
b) I think we have met her …
13. Укажите, в каком из предложений можно употребить все указанные слова: many, few, a lot of, some.
a) He likes to spend much time watching TV.
b) They have read 10 English books in the original.
c) There is no news today.
14. Укажите предложение, в котором числительное является порядковым:
a) There are 300 pages in the book.
b) He was born in 1980.
c) School year begins on the 1st of September.
d) Room 5 is empty.
15. Подберите слово, близкое по значению к подчеркнутому:
a) We do English at school.
b) She spoke to her English teacher after classes.
16. Из следующей группы слов отметьте то, которое не имеет к остальным никакого отношения:
a) weather, season, rain, cloudy, expensive, forecast, hot, cold.
b) London, sights, monument, tourist, art gallery, to found, to build, to design, guide, the president.
17. Определите, какое из слов не является продуктом питания:
butter, cream, flour, tea, orange, cucumber, fish, sausage, beans, chicken, ham, hot dogs, chips, butterfly, berries, jam, pine-apple.
18. Какое из утверждений является верным?
a) English is impossible to learn.
b) English is the most difficult language in the world.
c) English is the most popular foreign language in our country.
a) After Friday comes Monday.
b) The sun rises in the West.
c) The 1st of April is “All Fools’ Day” in Britain.
19. Укажите, какое из утверждений верно?
1) People don’t usually work hard on their days off.
2) All schools have classes on Sundays.
3) Few people leave school at the age of 16.
20. Скажите, в какой день Джон должен сдавать экзамен?
John came late. The party was very interesting. He didn’t want to leave earlier than others. He liked the parties that the Browns had sometimes on Saturdays. He was happy. But suddenly he remembered that he must take his exam in History and there was no time left. He had only one day to prepare for it. The party was forgotten at once.
21. Прочтите текст и ответьте на вопрос:
The police stop the car. There are three people in the car: John, Ann and Mary. On the back seat there is a revolver. John says: “It’s mine.” Ann says: “It’s hers.” Mary says: “It’s his.” Nobody is telling the truth. Whose revolver is it?
1. They say everyone looks in his own way. Tell please about people’s appearance and manners.
2. My friend wants to be healthy and nice. But she is lazy and doesn’t think she should do some sports. Prove her she is mistaken.
3. What would you tell some teachers from Great Britain at the geography lesson about their country.
4. Your friend wants to move to some big city. What can you oppose against his will? What is a town of your dream?
5. Prove that your college is the best place to study at.
Appearance and Manners
1. What faces do old people have?
2. Do some people have dimples on their faces?
3. Do old people have light or shuffling gait?
4. If a person is ill, he/she has a pale face, doesn’t he/she?
5. Who usually has done their hair at hairdresser’s?
1. Sport makes for a healthy mind in a healthy body, doesn’t it?
2. What sports are popular in our country?
3. Do we all need to exercise?
4. What will add flexibility and feeling of lightness?
5. Do sports help people to keep in good or bad health?
1. What is the full name of the country?
2. What is a highly industrialized country?
3. Are winters in Great Britain severely cold or mild?
4. The population of Great Britain is over 58 million people, isn’t it?
5. Do the British Isles consist of four large islands?
The Town of My Dream
1. What is the town of your dream?
2. Do you like to walk in Grodno?
3. Who recently celebrated its 880th anniversary?
4. The authorities of the town take care of all its inhabitants, don’t they?
5. Are people of Grodno industrious or lazy?
1. Why have you chosen your college to study at?
2. This year your college celebrates its 30th anniversary, doesn’t it?
3. Is your college well equipped for successful training, living and other activities?
4. Who works here?
5. Does your college prepare postal service operators or drivers?
Appearance and Manners
When we speak about somebody's figure, face, hands, feet we mean his or her appearance. A person may be tall, middlesized or short, thin or plump. A face may be round, oval or square. In summer some people may have freckles on their faces. Old people have wrinkled faces.
People's hair may be long or shot, thin or thick, good or bad, straight or curly. If it is long it is often plaited. Its colour may be black or fair, chestnut or red. Old people have grey hair.
Eyes may be large or small. They may be of different colour, grey, green, black, or hazel (brown).
Cheeks may be rosy or pale (if a person is ill), plump or hollow (if a person is very ill). Some people have dimples in their cheeks when they smile.
Women usually have their hair done'at the hairdresser's. The manner of walking is called the walk (gait). One's step may be: light, heavy, firm. Old people often shuffle their feet, have a shuffling gait.
Sport is probably as old as the humanity itself. It has been developing with the developing and growth of the mankind. All over the world people of different ages are very fond of sports and games. Sport not only helps people to become strong and to develop physically but also makes them more organized and better disciplined in their daily activities. It makes for a healthy mind in a healthy body. Sports help people to keep in good health.
We all need to exercise. Even if you don't plan to make a career in sport you still have to practice. Regular exercises gives you more energy. That is why many people who suffer from general tiredness should take more exercise than more rest. Exercise makes you feel and look better.
The best exercise is one which involves in repeated movements, those are: walking, jogging or swimming. Bending and stretching will add flexibility and feeling of lightness.
Among the sports popular in our country are football, basketball, swimming, volleyball, ice hockey, tennis, gymnastics, figure skating. A person can choose sports and games for any season, for any taste.
The full name of the country the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
The United Kingdom is situated on the British Isles. The British Isles consist of two large islands, Great Britain and Ireland, and a great number of small islands
The island of Great Britain consists of three main parts: England, Wales and Scotland. Northern Ireland occupies one third of the island of Ireland. It borders on the Irish Republic in the south.
Great Britain is not very rich in mineral resources, it has some deposits of coal and iron ore and vast deposits of oil and gas that were discovered in the North Sea.
The warm currents of the Atlantic Ocean influence the climate of Great Britain. Winters are not severely cold and summers are rarely hot.
The population of the United Kingdom is over 58 million people. The main nationalities are: English, Welsh, Scottish and Irish. In Great Britain there are a lot of immigrants from former British Asian and African colonies.
Great Britain is a highly industrialized country. New industries have been developed in the last three decades. The main industrial centres are London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Glasgow and Bristol.
The capital of the country is London. The United Kingdom is a parliamentary monarchy.
The Town of My Dream.
The town of my dream is my native town. I like to walk a lot in Grodno. It has a distinctive spirit. You can feel this spirit among the magnificent alleys and parks, among ancient castles and cathedrals, among numerous houses and buildings which are fifty, hundred and much more years old. Grodno is beautiful in every season of the year. It’s ancient and modern with its own rich and interesting history.
Recently Grodno celebrated its 880th anniversary. The show was great and nice and we were the active spectators of it.
The streets of Grodno are full of friendly, industrious, calm people with a nice sense of humour. A person feels quite safe and comfortable living here. The authorities of the town take care of all its inhabitants. There are hospitals and polyclinics for their health, schools and universities for their education, theatres and clubs for their entertainment, fitness centres and stadiums for their sport activities, markets, shops and various services for their everyday routine. There are a number of quite successful enterprises here. Their production is known in Belarus and abroad.
I love my town. It always gives me a hearty welcome and strength for living in this big and complicated world.
The full name of my college is Grodno State Professional Technical College of Instrument Making. I have chosen it to study at because it qualifies young people for work in such enterprises as BELCARD, VOLNA, BELPOCHTA and others. I think it’s very important for a person to be able to make different things by your own hands. One can finish the college as a TV serviceman, a postal service operator, a binder of electrical cables, a machinist, a machine tool operator.
This year our college celebrates its 30th anniversary. We’re planning to prepare a fabulous show for it, underlining the best college traditions. We’ll invite all the people who worked, studied and trained in its walls.
Our college is not very big but it is well-appointed for successful training, living and different activities. It has an educational building, workshops, a canteen, a dormitory, a gymnasium, a stadium, a library and a hall. The learners of the college take part in various activities and sport competitions.
A wonderful team of lecturers and industrial training teachers work here. They give the learners all the necessary knowledge and skills to become qualified and successful workers.
Скачать методички (классные уроки) для учителей по разным предметам: история, литература, физика. Как провести урок с учеником, вам поможет грамотно составленный план урока. Занятия по математике, литературе, физике, информатике, химии, психологии.