ПОСМОТРЕТЬ ВИДЕО-УРОК Geographical position of Canada
The theme of the lesson: Geographical position of Canada
The aims of the lesson:
• To learn about Canada, enlarge pupil’s vocabulary
• To develop pupils’ writing, reading, listening and speaking skills
• To increase pupils’ motivation with the help of dream vacation
The type of the lesson: mixed
Visual aids: cards and interactive – board
The procedure of the lesson
I. organization moment
- Good morning, children and our guests. Sit down, please. Today our English lesson is a little unusual. We have some guests in our class. I very glad to see you. So, I think we are ready to start our lesson. Who is on duty today? Who is absent?
II. checking up homework
What was your homework for today?
- How do you think what is the topic of our lesson. you are right today we will speak about «Geographical position of Canada» and our main aim is to learn more about it. Additional 1
- Gallery of the facts
Canada is an independent federative state.
It is one of the most developed countries.
Canada consists of ten provinces and three territories.
Its area is almost 10 million square kilometers.
In size Canada is the second in the world after Russia.
It is situated on the North American continent.
Canada grows wheat, barley, flax, potatoes, vegetables and fruit.
The capital of Canada is Ottawa. It is famous for its beautiful parks. Ottawa is also known as the city of bridges.
Canada is very rich in forest, minerals and fur-bearing animals. It occupies the first place in the world in the amount of forests.
Fishing is also one of the prosperous industries.
Official languages of Canada are English and French.
V. new materials
1) Let's listen about this country -
Video2 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dthNwfVBK9E), Task1
Task1- Fill in the gaps
Canada is ________(1)in the northern part of the North American continent. It _________(2) from the Atlantic to the Pacific. Canada is the _______________(3) country in the world. It adjoins the US. Canada ________(4) ten provinces and three _________(5). Ottawa is the capital of Canada. It is ____ (6) of the province of Ontario. Similarly, Washington, D.C. is the capital of the United States of America. Also, Beijing is the capital of the People's ’__________(7) of China. Toronto is the largest city in Canada. It is on the _________(8) side of Lake Ontario. In downtown Toronto, there is a tower _________(9)the CN Tower is 553.33m high. CN ________(10) Canadian National. Canadian National is a railway __________(11). It provides train _________(12) in Canada and the US. The CN Tower is a landmark of Toronto. In the same way, Big Ben ___ (13) a landmark of London. Also, the Eiffel Tower is a landmark of Paris. Vancouver is the __________ (14)city in Canada. It is a coastal city and a major _________ (15) on the mainland of southwestern _________ (16) Columbia. Vancouver is on a peninsula. In ___________(17), the Winter Olympics were held in Vancouver.
2) now let's listen some information about sightseeing of Canada -
Audio, Task 2
Task 2 - True or false?
1. The country occupies the territory from the Great Lake in the West to the Arctic Circle in the East.
2. It has many different types of land.
3. But it hasn’t got a desert.
4. There are many islands in the west.
5. The best known is Victoria Island
Let's do an exercise for our eyes - Presentation
3) Well, pupils, let’s have some fun and dream about an unreal situation in your life. Work in group, please. Imagine that you are travel agents. There is a piece of information that you can use in your booklets - Presentation 1,2 (http://www.metod-kopilka.ru/prezentaciya_po_angliyskomu_yazykuquotcanadaquot-8233.htm),3
We are looking forward of your booklets! come to the blackboard, please.
4)You are great! And we come up to the last task.
- Choose the correct variant
1. Canada is the… country in the world
b) Fifth largest
c) Second largest
d) Third largest
2. There are … provinces and three territories in Canada
3. Canada is …
a) a federal republic
b) a parliamentary republic
c) a monarchy
d) an independent federative state
4. Canada is situated on the … American continent
5. Canada is very … in forest, minerals and fur-bearing animals.
6. Official languages of Canada are English and… .
7. The capital of Canada is … .
8. Its area is almost … million square kilometers.
9. It is famous for its … parks.
VI. giving the homework
write an essay about Canada
Video 3 (National Anthem - Oh Canada) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTAywhlS8bY)
Me Classmate Teacher
Students, your work was wonderful! Thank you for your coming my dear colleagues! The lesson is over.
Good – bye
Скачать методички (классные уроки) для учителей по разным предметам: история, литература, физика. Как провести урок с учеником, вам поможет грамотно составленный план урока. Занятия по математике, литературе, физике, информатике, химии, психологии.