ОҚО, Бәйдібек ауданы, Шалдар ауылы, «Абай» мектебінің ағылшын тілі пәні мұғалімі Ибрагимова Жанат Пердебаевна
The theme of the lesson: `` He lives in the Antarctic``
Aim: Educational aims: To practice the grammar and vocabulary,
to use the grammar of present simple.
Developing aims: To develop communicative skills, to develop the pupils’ speaking,
listening and writing habits.
Bringing- up aims: To teach expressing- the opinion, to give more information about
Type: new technology way of teaching. A trip lesson
Methods of teaching: individual work, pair work, answers the question, brainstorming.
Grammar: Present simple questions with what…? Where…? When…? Why..? How does…?
New language: do\ does, work, food, travel, have to\ has to, clothes, school, free time, the weather
Materials: slides, CD, cards, pictures, a map
Sing the song:
Procedure of the lesson
I. Organization moment: a) Greeting
Good morning, children! Sit down! I’m glad to see you. You’re welcome to an English lesson,
I hope you are ready for the lesson.
b) Conversation with pupils. How are you?
Who is on duty today? I’m on duty today?
Who is absent today? …absent today.
What is the weather like today? It is cold.
What is the date today? The 6th of December
II. Checking up the home task:
Today we have got an unusual lesson “A trip lesson” And now if you answer for several questions, we shall reach to that places which we want to visit.
1. Where is the Republic of the Kazakhstan situated? In central Asia.
2. What is the capital of Kazakhstan? Astana
You are right. Now, we reached to Astana by train.
Welcome to Astana. In 1991 on the 16th of December Kazakhstan gained its independence. In this year on the 16th of December we celebrate 20th anniversary of the Independence Day of Kazakhstan. The capital of Kazakstan is Astana.
So, your home task was “I live in Astana”
Open your student’s book at page 13.
Retell the text
What do your know about Astana?
Read the text. Then answer the questions. Make up a dialogue.
1. What can you do at Duman Entertainment Center?
-At Duman Entertainment Centre I can see a big aquarium with over 2000 sea animals and
I can see a special show where they feed the sharks. It’s really scary.
2. What does Khan Shatyr look like?
Khan Shatyr Entertainment Center is amazing. Its 150 meters tall and it looks like a huge tent.
2. What sports can you do at Khan Shatyr?
At Khan Shatyr I swimming pool, play golf.
4. What things can you see at the Presidential centre of culture?
I can see traditional Kazakh knives, carpets coins and furniture.
Well, I see that you know a lot about our capital Astana city.
1. Have you ever been to the UK?
2. What is the capital of the UK?
Now we reached to the UK by plane.
At the beginning of the new lesson I want to ask you
And how many continents are there in the world?
-Tell me, please! What continents do you know?
-Eurasia, Africa Australia the North America, South America and the Antarctica.
Very well, look at the map. We travel to the UK by plane and from UK we travel by plane the
We reached to the Antarctic, by ship.
Welcome to the Antarctic
The theme of the new lesson «He lives in the Antarctica»
Antarctica, lying south of the Antarctic, circle and surrounding the south poll, is the highest and coldest continents on the Earth. Its base of rock is covered by a huge ice, cap which holds almost 70% of the worlds thresh water. Holds of the surrounding ocean freezes over in winter, so that the continent more than doubles in size. Summer – the time when this ice melts – is short, but has lengthened from 60 to 90 days over the last 50 years. The average winter temperature in Antarctica is-60ºC and the lowest temperature ever recorded 89ºC was taken there. It is completely dark for 105 days a year.
IV. Vocabulary work: Listen and read the new words and translate it.
Work- жұмыс істеу
Food – ас, тамақ
Travel – саяхат
Clothes – киім
School – мектеп
Free time – бос уақыт
The weather – ауа райы
Now listen to a text about the Antarctic.
Look at map and photos.
Before, what can you say about photos?
Pupils describing about photos.
VI. CD disc; Work with electronic book.
Now listen to a text about the Antarctic. You know a lot of news about these wonderful continents
Read the text. Ex: 1c
Ex: 1b Cover the text and listen to Nick. Does he talk about all these things?
1 work 2 food 3 travel 4 clothes 5 school б free time 7 the weather
Ex: 1с Listen and read about Nick's life in the Antarctic.
My name's Nick Bowen. I'm a scientist. I work for the British Antarctic Survey. I study the climate and the stars. I live at the Halley Research Station.
Our food comes by ship. It arrives twice a year, in March and October.
We travel on skidoos or we ski. We've also got five small planes. But we don't travel by plane in the winter because it's dark all the time.
Outside we wear special clothes and big boots, and sunglasses when it's sunny.
In our free time we play a lot of games. We play cards. We sing and I play my guitar. Every Saturday we have a party and a special meal.
We can't watch TV but we've got a lot of videos and every week someone chooses a film. It's always very cold, of course, but in the summer we sometimes go swimming and diving.
The Antarctic is a fascinating and beautiful place. I love it.
VII. Pair work
Ex: 1d. Answer the questions about Nick’s life. Asks question to each other. Who will begin?
1. What’s Nick’s job? He’s a scientist. He works for the British Antarctic Survey.
2. What does he study? He studies the climate and the stars.
3. Where does he live? He lives at the Halley Research Station.
4. When does their food arrive? It arrives twice a year.
5. How does Nick travel? He travels on skidoos or he skis.
6. Why doesn’t he travel by plane in the winter? Because it’s dark all the time.
7. What does he wear when he’s outside? He wears special clothes and big boots.
8. What does he do in his free time? He plays games, plays cards, and plays his guitar. Watches videos and he goes swimming and diving.
9. Does he watch TV? No, he doesn’t.
10. Does he like living in the Antarctic? Yes, he does.
VIII. Key grammar Present simple
Open your workbook at page 74 and look at the screen. And listen very attentively
I’ll explain key grammar.
AFFIRMATIVE AND NEGATIVE
I/We/You/They Like cheese.
Don’t like cheese.
He/She/It Likes cheese.
Doesn’t like cheese.
In the third person singular (he/she/it), we normally add s (he likes). But:
- if a verb ends in ch, sh, ss or o, we add es.
watch - he watches finish - it finishes
guess - he guesses go - she goes
- if a verb ends in a consonant (b, c, d, f, g, etc.) + y, we change the у to ies.
study - he studies carry - she carries
QUESTIONS AND SHORT ANSWERS
Do you/they like cheese?
Yes, 1 do. No, they don't.
Does he/she/it like cheese?
Yes, he does. No, she doesn't, (etc.)
• Does your sister go to your school?
• What time do the shops open?
We use the present simple to talk about habits, regular activities and things that are generally true.
• Helen always wears jeans.
• I go to the cinema every Saturday.
• Nick doesn't play tennis.
• Vegetarians don't eat meat.
Do / don't / does / doesn't are parts of the present simple. But remember that do is also an ordinary verb.
• Liam does the housework every Saturday.
• Do you do history at school?
IX. Then complete the table. Ex: 2
I’ll give you cards. Put necessary verbs.
I live in the Antarctic.
I don t watch TV
Do you like the Antarctic?
Look carefully at the verb form before choosing the pronouns.
Complete these sentences with I/you or he.
Open your copy-books and write down the exercise.
1. What do you do in your free time?
2. He usually wears glasses.
3. Does he have cereal for breakfast?
4. I/You don’t like traveling by plane.
5. He doesn’t go to school by bus.
6. I/You sometimes play cards at the weekend.
7. What sort of food do you like?
8. Where does he live?
Test a friend.
Write another sentence for 3a. Leave a blank for I/you/he. Can your friend complete the sentence?
Key pronunciation /s/ /z/ /iz/
Listen and repeat the verbs.
1. /s/ works takes eats.
2. /z/ comes wears travels.
3. /iz/ watches chooses uses.
Now listen and pat these verbs in the right group
/S/ likes, sits
/Z/ lives, arrives
/IZ/ dances, finishes
How many words can you think of for things you can see in the Antarctic?
You may to use dictionaries if you wish.
Snow, ice, iceberg, South Pole, scientist, explorers, tourists, whales, seals, penguins:
We invite to the stage our dancer girls. The dance is called “Penguins”.
Snow ice iceberg
South Pole scientist
Explorers tourists whales
Now, open your workbook at page 8.
Look at ex 3.
Present simple questions and short answers
Complete the questions and write the short answers.
These people work at a research station in the Antarctic.
Here are languages they speak.
English Spanish French Arabic Italian
1. Does Luis speak English? Yes, he does.
2. Does Adriana speak Spanish? No, she doesn’t
3. Do Luis and Adriana speak Arabic? No, they don’t
4. Does Jamal speak Spanish and Italian? No, he doesn’t
5. Does Marie speak Arabic? Yes, she does.
6. Do they all speak English? Yes, they do
7. What about you? Do you speak English? Yes, I do
XI. Conclusion: Now, you will doing exercises through you computer’s CD. Let’s begin.
Ex 1c 5-6 from your students book,
Ex 18.104.22.168 from your workbook
That’s all for today. You were very active today.
Thank you for your work. Your marks are the following.
The lesson is over. Good bye, children.